The application contains three sections:
- Personal information: You will need to also be required to submit a PDF version of your resume
- References: You will need 2 with only 1 having to be from an academic source. These references will not need to submit recommendation letters, but rather be willing to be contacted during the admissions process.
- Short answer questions: Responses to the questions should be no more than 250 words (approx. 2000 characters). It is recommended that you use a word processor to draft your responses and then paste them into the appropriate text boxes on the application.
Students applying should not take BUAD 200 during their freshman year as this is a required course of the program.
The application contains the following short answer questions:
- Describe a recent accomplishment.
- Business majors: Describe a recent accomplishment. Explain how you were able to apply problem-solving skills to be successful.
- Engineering majors: Describe a recent accomplishment. Explain the risks that were involved and how you managed them.
- Discuss 3 skills that you need to develop and/or experiences that you should have that would be critical for success in your career.
- Explain the relevance of each and discuss how learning more about engineering (business majors) or business (engineering majors) would contribute.
- Mentoring is a big part of the Heath Integrated Business and Engineering Program. Suppose you met a successful young professional 5-10 years older than you, what 2-3 things would you be interested in learning from them and why?
- Mentoring is a big part of the Heath Integrated Business and Engineering Program. Suppose you met a successful senior corporate executive, what 2-3 things would you be interested in learning from them and why?
- Discuss your favorite topic, activity, or something that you pursue outside of classes. Why do you enjoy it and how are you involved?
- Please explain why you are interested in Heath IBEP.