This unique academic program is set apart by the following indicators of excellence:
- A rigorous application process selects a highly competitive cohort of at least 20 students per year—an equal number from each college
- Combines in-depth strategy and decision-making processes with leadership and communication skills
- Hosts distinguished alumni and leadership seminars
- Provides manufacturing facilities tours led by industry representatives
- Applies learning with joint business and engineering capstone projects and real-world case studies
- Pairs students with high level executives for rigorous, personal mentoring
View the program fact sheet for 2019-2020. | Past fact sheets: 2016–2018
View a full-size version of the above infographic.
What Students Will Learn
- The ability to seamlessly operate across business and engineering divisions, reducing silos
- An understanding of the framework for a successful company and the critical factors driving both engineering and business success
- Strategic and critical thinking skills that will add value for their employer from day one
- Communication skills that will allow them to lead others in implementing effective solutions and translate their vision across all levels of an organization
Students will receive an undergraduate degree in the business or engineering major they declare. Student transcripts will reflect their participation in the Heath Integrated Business and Engineering program.
Students accepted into the program will receive a $1,000 scholarship per academic year.
Internship opportunities will be available during summer semesters.